Vapari – volunteering in Jyväskylä
What to do if I want to be a volunteer?
Contact us and we will tell you about voluntary work at Jyväskylä and help you to find the place which you are interested in. It can be elderly poeple, sports, digital servises, animals... So many choices!
You can also join Vapaaehtoistoiminnan info, Information on volunteering (in Finnish). The event is open for everyone. Info is organized by the Jyväskylä Valikko-group. Next one is on Tuesday 28.9.2021 at 5 pm. Register for Vapaaehtoistoiminnan info.
Vapari offers advice and guidance to people seeking volunteering opportunities in Jyväskylä. We work to raise the profile and standards of volunteering in our local area.
What we do:
- We develop networks that allow us to work more effectively
- We run our own volunteering activities in collaboration with other organisations
- We offer advice and guidance to volunteers
We can help you if you’re looking for a volunteering opportunity. Book an appointment by emailing to email@example.com or by phone +358 50 312 5315.
You may also find these resources useful:
- Yhdistystori provides information on volunteering opportunities, organisations and events in Central Finland.
- Vapaaehtoistyö.fi is a volunteering platform run by Kirkkopalvelut and Kansalaisareena Citizens’ Forum.
- Vertaistalo is an online peer support service for people diagnosed with an illness and their families and friends.
- List of local volunteering opportunities, please note that this list is no longer being updated and some of the information may be out of date
Do you need help and support with managing an everyday situation?
Appointments and errands You could help someone attend a GP or hospital appointment or visit the bank or tax office. Inquiries on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9-12, on Wednesdays at 12-15.
Home help You could help people with everyday jobs around the house, including hanging up curtains or pictures, changing a light bulb, tightening screws, gardening or watering their plants. Inquiries on Thursdays at 9-12 and on Wednesdays at 12-15.
Digital support You could help set up a computer, phone or television, or teach someone how to use an app or software package. Inquiries on Thursdays at 9-12 and on Wednesdays at 12-15.
Please ask by calling on +358 50 569 2877.
Do you need help or motivation with getting active?
Liikuntaluotsit (Sports Buddies) are volunteers trained by Vapari to help people get active. You can be paired up with a Sports Buddy free of charge.
Sports Buddies companion can be asked by calling on +358 40 5758 260.
Would you like to see a play or visit an exhibition in the company of a Cultural Companion?
You can ask for Cultural Companion by calling on +358 50 338 1114
Our Cultural Companion Coordinator has lots of helpful hints and tips on where to go and what to see.
Didn’t find what you were looking for?
Get in touch with us and see if we offer the service you’re looking for. You can contact us by contact form or calling +358 40 5758 260/ Mervi or +358 50 312 5315/ Leila.
If you’re looking for a volunteering opportunity or would like to get support from one of our volunteers:
Coordinator Mervi Robert
phone +358 40 5758 260
Coordinator Leila Koskinen
phone +358 50 312 5315